Friday 22 August 2014

3 Statements by Tao Ming

Title: 3 Statements
Speaker: Tao Ming
Tao Ming is  a senior economic analyst in Wall Street, senior trainer, senior lecturer, Amway (China) Executive  Diamond. Here, he shared his 3 statements.  If a person can firmly practise this three statements, no matter what he does, he will be a successful man in his lifetime, because these three statements are very philosophical.
1.      The first statement: What you want to do is more important than what you do!
2.      The second statement: Making a right choice  is more important than being hardworking!
3.      The third statement: Wisdom is more important than working hard!

First of all, let’s analyse the first statement: What you want to do is more important than what you do!
My teacher, by that time, was a famous financial experts in America. Many employers will ask my teacher: ‘What should I do now?’ My teacher would ask them back: ‘What do you want?’ Too many people do not know what they want.

My teacher now is one of the top ten financial experts in the United States. A decade ago, when I met him in a meeting, my up line did not tell him that my teacher was doing Amway. After the meeting I found out that my teacher is an Amway executive Diamond, I was shocked, because I could not believe that such a great man like him involve in Amway. My teacher had 20 minutes discussion with me, it was in 1994. After this, he changed my life.

I asked my teacher: Since you are a great financial expert, the U.S. top ten financial expert, why you do Amway business?”

He asked me: ‘What do you want? What do you actually want in your future?’

Without any hesitation, I blurted out: ‘money!’

He immediately asked me, how much money I want?

I immediately replied: ‘As much as possible!’

He felt strange. In fact, many ones of us, when somebody asks us how much money do we want, we will definitely reply ‘as much as possible’ without further think that why we need so much money, because we know that what we need now is money, as much money as possible, no matter how,  grap it on our hand first. 

One day a young man told me that he wanted money, I asked him how much he wants. He said as much as possible.

I asked him: ‘what other else?’

He said: ‘I never think of it before’

I said: Well! Then I'll think about it for you. You are at work now, how much do you earn in a month?

He replied: I earn two thousand dollars a month!

I said: Good! If you are offered a job and this is exactly the same job, you can earn 8,000 dollars a month, with the same workload, would you like to change your job now?

‘Yes’ he said.

I asked again: Well! After two months, if somebody offers you a new job with exactly the same workload, and you will be given 15,000 dollars, just that you need work an extra two hours, will you accept the offer?
OK, he said! Because deduct two hours from sleeping time a day is not big problem!

I continued: Two months later, I have a job, exactly the same as previous job, 50,000 dollars a month, but you can only sleep two hours a day, do you still want this job?

We learned a lesson here. We realised that, money, is not the more we get, the better! There are many other things that we need to take into account. In this modern era, we pursue freedom as well. Freedom, by definition, it means the right to choose. There are 2 kinds of rights to choose in our life, namely, financial freedom and time freedom!

Some people claim that they have money so they have financial freedom. This is wrong! When you can be said to be financial freedom? This is when you go out for shopping and never say these 3 words: ‘It’s too expensive’ and you replace these 3 words  with ‘It’s so nice.’

What is time freedom? This is when these three words never came out form your mouth: ‘no time!’ You are now realize that the time freedom and financial freedom of a person's life is too cool, and this is so-called the rights that we want it in our life.

Why do we have to do Amway business? Amway not only resolve the financial problem, it also solve the quality of money! Quality money can give us freedom.

Too many people in this world do too much things, but forget what they actually want, what they want to achieve in life, and where is their destination. For example, we are now staying in Zhengzhou and we set Beijing as our final destination. If we want to go to Beijing, we don’t care what kind of transports we use, whether it is a plane, a car or a train, am I right? The transport is just a tool allowing us to reach Beijing from Zhengzhou. But, in the real world, many people care about the colour and the shape of the transport we use, which is so unnecessary. Once we reach our destination, we will get down from the vehicle. We wont spend the rest of our life on board. In fact, Amway is like a tool to achieve freedom in our life. As long as it can bring us to a more successful life, we do not really care whether we like it or not, beautiful or not, or comfortable or not. The most important thing is ‘Are we on the right track?’ If not, it’s time to change.


The second statement: Making a right choice  is more important than being hardworking!

A successful people must be hardworking, but hardworking people are not guarantee to be successful. This is because we put our efforts in the a different direction, and hence, the outcomes we obtained will not be the same. So we must make a right choice and right decision at the early stage. The life we are leading in the future is the result of the current decisions we make.

The third statement: Wisdom is more important than working hard! (Smart Work Is Better Than Hardwork)

Work Smart, Not Hard. There are a lot of people keep working hard without wisdom. Our life will inevitably force us to work hard, but we have to work smart at the same time. We need to understand why we have to work hard. The purpose of being hardworking is not to suffer in the future.
We worked hard and smart for a while, hopefully, we can enjoy a better life in the future, instead of keep on working hard and suffer for the rest of our life.  If we want to escape from the bitter life in future, we have to make use of our brain, use wisdom to make the right choices, and prevent the endless suffering.


No comments:

Post a Comment